DIY Easy RH Inspired Console Table

I was on the hunt for a console table that would fit this wall. 

All of the tables that I liked were wider than the wall, or outside of my budget. So I decided to build it myself. I knew the width and height I needed, then measured out my depth. 

I used this Restoration Hardware console as inspiration. 

After I had my measurements, I drew out my plan, and cuts. 
I used a 1x6, six 1x2s and half a sheet of plywood.

Since I wanted my table depth to be 17 inches, I had the plywood cut into 17 inch strips at Lowe's and then used a jigsaw to make the width cuts.

Once I had all of my pieces cut, I used the pocket jig to make pocket holes to attach everything together.  I first applied some wood glue, then screwed all the pieces together. 

I started by attaching the front faux drawer 1x6 to the 1x2s. My table is 29 inches wide, but you can make it to whatever width you need.

From there I attached the legs to the faux drawer. this made the front of the table. I then did the same with the back. Once I had the front and back built, I made the two side pieces, using plywood and 1x2s. 


If you don't want to use the jig saw to cut the side pieces, you can always use a1x6 for the sides too. I used the plywood, cut to size, so that it would look different than the faux drawer. 

I attached the front and back to one side piece, then added the top piece. My top is a 29 inch x 17 inch piece. I drilled some pocket holes and made sure that it lined up flush with the front and back 1x2, then attached it.
You can see how I used the pocket holes to attach everything. 

Once I had the top attached, I added the last side. Then repeat this with the bottom shelf. The last piece to go on was the 1x2 on the side of the bottom shelf. 

Once I had built, I used Walnut stain, let it fully dry, then white washed it with 1 part white paint, 3 parts water. I used a rag for the white wash, and spread it all over and rubbed it in. Then went in when it was dry and lightly sanded.
(without whitewash)

Once it looked how I wanted, I attached the pulls that I got from Hobby Lobby. 

All I need is to add some decor to the wall, and top of the table. This project cost me around $70 from start to finish. I did have the paint and stain, so I didn't have to buy that. But it shouldn't cost you more than $100 to make this!


You can customize to whatever size you need, which is nice!

PIN for later!

I know this was a quick tutorial, so if you have any questions, I am happy to help.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Hooded Towels

Maxi Skirt Tutorial

Graduation Cupcake Stand