Flower Bookmark

Over the weekend, we went on many walks, and while we walked, Gia picked a few flowers. I wasn't sure what we were going to do with them, but eventually decided on making Daddy a bookmark!


First thing I did with the flowers was press them in a book. Just open the book, about half way through the book, place your flowers towards the seam, and close. I also put my laptop on top of the book to add some pressure. :) I let them sit in the book over night. The next day, I took the flowers out.



I found a quote online that I wanted to use, and printed it on resume paper. I then measured the thickness of my boxing tape and cut the bookmark to that size. Once I had it cut, I placed some flowers on the bookmark until I liked the way it looked.

The tape I used to laminate the bookmark.


Then I took my tape, pulled off a long enough piece, and placed it on top of the bookmark and flowers. Then just press the tape down on the flowers and around them.


Then cut your bookmark at the top and bottom to get the length that you need.


I didn't want to throw out the other flowers, so I took the extra two pieces of the resume paper, placed flowers on one, and tape those too. I used that side for the front of my bookmark holder and the last piece for the back. I sandwiched the bookmark in between these to pieces, and tied it off with a green string.


Gia then gave this gift to Dad for Valentine's Day. It was our homemade gift to him; that way not everything we gave him was bought. :) And boy did he love it!

Happy Valentine's Day to you all!!!

Comments

  1. What a fun, easy craft to do! I love it! Thanks for the great idea. I found you on MBC, I'm a new member. Great to find your blog! If you want to visit I'm at www.mydishwasherspossessed.blogspot.com Please don't feel obligated to check me out. Again, thanks, what a fun blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Hooded Towels

Maxi Skirt Tutorial

Graduation Cupcake Stand