Rolled Rosettes


Rosettes are fun and easy to make. You can make them out of any scrap fabric you have laying around the house. They can be used with many different projects, i.e, headbands, hair clips, sewn onto tops, sewn onto purses, or pillows...

Today's post is all about how to make rolled rosettes.

First, you will need your material. I have my fabric, glue fun and scissors.

Cut strips our of the fabric. the longer you make them, the bigger your flower will be. The ticker you cut your strips, the thicker the flower will be as well. I cut my strips thin, so that they would lay flatter, and not as thick.

To start your rosette, you will need to tie a knot at the end of your fabric strips. Then start to roll and twist randomly.  It helped to me to hold the the flower between with my fingers as I was rolling/twisting.



 You can dab a dot of glue every now and then to hold the rosette together.

Once you get close to the end, dab some glue, and turn the leftover fabric onto the back of the rosette. I glued the leftovers down onto the back to secure the shape of the flower, and cut any extra.


Repeat this with all your strips.




And that is it! Super easy. Now you can add these little flowers to any project!

Check out our new post
Potterybarn dupe couches for half the price.


Comments

  1. Thanks for this tutorial on Rosettes, it was super helpful! I'm a new follower, I'd love for you to stop by & check out my blog sometime! http://thenilsensnest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, this looks really easy... we shall see tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Hooded Towels

Maxi Skirt Tutorial

Graduation Cupcake Stand