Construction Paper Flowers


My parents were out of town this weekend, so we house and dog sat. The little one and I are still here waiting for them to get home today, so I thought we could make them something fun. We weren't going to leave the house because of the rain, so I looked around the house for something we could use. This project is really fun, especially if your little one(s) can help out. Mine only helped pick the colors. It will bring some fun color to this rainy day!


This is what you will need:
  1. Different colored construction paper
  2. Pom, poms (I didn't have any, so I used cotton balls.)
  3. Bendable straws
  4. Glue
  5. Scissors
  6. Jar, cup or vase
The first step is to pick out all your colors. Once you have those, you will need to draw or trace a flower on each paper. Do this with as many flowers as you would like. (You will need to have at least 6 petals on each flower.)

Once you have all your flowers drawn, cut them out. Next, make a slit in between two petals towards the center of the flower, and cut a circle.


From there, you will need to overlap two of the petals, and glue them together. This will give the flower some shape.

Once your flowers are all glued, glue your pom-pom or cotton ball to the center of the flower, then flip your flowers over and put some glue on the back of the cotton ball and push your straw (bendable side) into the glued cotton. Let them dry upside down.


Once they are dry, place them in your jar or vase. I used an old jar and taped some patterned paper onto it. I also added cotton balls to the bottom of the jar so that my flowers were easier to position at different levels. You can also bend the straws to angle the flowers.

  • You can always add glitter to the petals, or use paper that has a patter to jazz up your flowers.



**If you decide to do this project, share your pictures in the Flickr group!**

Comments

  1. cute idea!! I found you on bloggy moms! My blogs are: http://365daysasmom.blogspot.com/ and http://buzzinbalms.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should link these up on my new 'Fun for Kids Friday Blog Hop' I think my readers would love it!
    http://www.localfunforkids.com/home/2011/1/6/fun-for-kids-friday-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Hooded Towels

Maxi Skirt Tutorial

Graduation Cupcake Stand