DIY Bath Toy Net

This project cost me about $3 and took 10 minutes to make! Super easy and cute. 


We had a toy holder that I bought from Target, but it did not drain completly, causing some of my daughters toys to have mold on them! I had to throw out the toys and toy holder. So in the mean time, we have been throwing the toys between the counter and bathtub. What a pain! 

The other day I was at the fabric store and saw this netting. It is right next to the tulle. It was 1.49 a yard, and I had a 40% off coupon! I bought a yard (way more than I needed) and wanted to try to make a net for her bath toys. Since it is netting, I know it will breath and drain well. 


First thing I did was cut the netting to the size that I wanted. I left the netting folded in half, as it came, and used the fold as the bottom of the bag so that I only had to sew the two sides. 


I sewed both sides. You should now have your bag. The bottom should be the fold and the two sides sewn, leaving the top open. The nice thing about the material is that you do not have to finish the edges, because you don't have to worry about fraying! 

Once you have the edges sewn, pick out some ribbon. I let me daughter go through my stash and pick out a 3/4'' ribbon. You will want to take your ribbon, measure it to fit the side of the bag. We are going to hide the sewn sides. Fold your ribbon in half and line the fold up with the bottom of the bag (folded end). You will have one piece on the bottom, the netting, and then your ribbon on top as well. 

This is what it should look like. Leave some extra ribbon at the top of the bag side for attaching to your suctions. Once you have it lined up, pin it in place. 

Sew the ribbon onto the netting starting with the inside side. Then sew the outer edge of the ribbon. All three pieces (bottom ribbon, netting and top ribbon) should be secure after sewing them. Do this to both sides. 


Now you will need your suction cups. You can get these anywhere. I am using ones that I have. Mine are from my razor holder. :) 
Sorry for a horrible picture of these, but you know what I am talking about. Some of the suctions have hooks on them. If you can find those, they are pretty easy to attach the ribbon to. You would just have to sew the ribbon ends (that we left longer at the top of the bag) together to create a loop with ribbon and hang it on the hooks.

Once you attach the suctions to your ribbon, you are all done! Super easy and cheap to make. You can also buy all different color netting and different style ribbons!  I am glad this worked out, now I don't have to worry about taking up counter space with her bath toys!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Hooded Towels

Maxi Skirt Tutorial

Graduation Cupcake Stand